news
Update : Alleged link with terrorists organisation, DSS Exposes Findings on Tukur Mamu
until recently when he made headlines as a terrorists’ negotiator, Mr. Tukur Mamu lived a quiet and humble lifestyle as the publisher of Desert Herald, a publication based in Kaduna. The Department of State Services (DSS) said Mamu has a link with terrorists organisation and that culminated into his arrest in Egypt. He was repatriated to Nigeria. The DSS told a Federal High Court, Abuja, that the detained Mamu is part of an international terrorist network using the cover of journalism to commit crime.
According to ThisDay, the DSS’ allegation forms part of an affidavit presented before a Federal High Court, Abuja, to secure the court’s permission to keep Mamu in custody, pending the conclusion of its investigation.
It would be recalled that Mamu was arrested at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport after he was repatriated from Egypt where he had been detained while on his way to Saudi Arabia.
Mamu, an aide to Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, a popular Islamic cleric, has been involved in negotiations for the release of persons abducted during an attack on a Kaduna-bound train in March.
According to the DSS, Mamu who had negotiated the release of some victims kidnapped by terrorists during the Abuja -Kaduna train attack, was arrested on his way to meet some top international terrorists at a forum in Saudi Arabia.
In the affidavit in support of its ex-parte application marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/1617/2022, the secret police pleaded with the court to allow it to keep the journalist for further investigation because it has established an act of terrorism financing against him.
Following the submission, Justice Nkeonye Maha of the Federal High Court, Abuja, ordered that Mamu should be detained for another 60 days, adding that if the secret police were not done with their investigation within the period, the agency could renew the detention order.
In the motion dated and filed on September 12, by its lawyer, Mr U. N. Dauda, the DSS sought “an order enabling the State Security Service/applicant to detain the respondent (Mamu) for a period of Sixty (60) days in the first instance, pending the conclusion of investigation.”
The deponent of the affidavit, Mr Hamza Pandogari, a legal officer with the DSS, had told the court why it was necessary to detain Mamu for 60 days in the first instance, pending the conclusion of the investigation of various acts of terrorism against him.
According to the affidavit, “the self-acclaimed Kaduna train negotiator exploit the opportunity to perpetrate, aid and abets as well as render support to both local and international terrorist organisations”.
The DSS added that Mamu, “was intercepted by the Nigerian foreign partners at Cairo, Egypt, on September 6, 2022, while on his way to Saudi Arabia for a clandestine meeting with commanders and top leaders of terrorist organisations across the globe”.
The deponent said that upon his interception, and subsequent repatriation to Nigeria, a duly signed search warrant was executed in his residence and office at No. 4, Ali Ladan Street, Sabon Kawo GRA and No. 14, Mamona Road, Anguwan Sarki, Kaduna State and various exhibits and items to establish his complicity with terrorists were recovered.
Some of the items the agency said it recovered from Mamu’s residence and office include; 151 dollars, 20 pounds sterling; 1, 530 Indian Rupees; one Saudi Riyald; 70 Dirham; one million, five hundred and six thousand naira; and 16 assorted foreign coins.
The DSS also alleged that two packs of pump action cartridges; 16 ATM cards from both local and foreign banks; seven cheque books of different banks; six laptops; four tablets; 24 handsets and three international passports belonging to Mamu; one firearm licence; eight pieces of Nigerian Army uniforms; 16 pieces of Nigerian Naval uniforms were recovered from the suspect.
The agency claimed that the “preliminary investigation so far established, amongst others, is the offences of logistic supplier, aiding and abetting acts of terrorism as well as terrorism financing”.
The DSS in addition claimed that the defendant (Mamu) has used the cover of his profession as a journalist to aid both local and international terrorist groups.
“That the action of the defendant has orchestrated the untimely death of several security personnel in North Central and North East parts of Nigeria.
“That the defendant has discreetly given several information to bandits and terrorists that escalated various acts of terrorism in Nigeria.
“That the investigation has assumed a wider dimension and sophistication requiring time and advanced expertise to conclude.
“That some of the suspects working with the defendant are at large and premature release of the defendant will jeopardise the ongoing investigation.
“That it is in the interest of justice and national security to grant this application. That the activities of the defendant and his associates at large constitute a potent threat to the unity and peaceful co-existence of Nigeria”.
news
Tinubu Commends APC Primaries, Describes Exercise as Victory for Internal Democracy
![]()
…President expresses satisfaction with governors’ handling of exercise
…Says party members’ support places greater responsibility on him
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Saturday described the ongoing presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a demonstration of internal democracy and grassroots participation, expressing satisfaction with the conduct of the exercise across the country.
The President spoke with journalists after participating in the primary election at Ward L2, Ikoyi, Lagos, where he commended state governors and party officials for managing the process.
President Tinubu, who arrived at the venue alongside the First Lady, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, was received by Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos APC Chairman Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi, Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment Dr. Jumoke Oduwole, former Minister of Finance Wale Edun, and other party leaders.
According to him, the exercise has so far reflected the democratic ideals of inclusiveness and orderly participation within the ruling party.
“This is a demonstration of internal democracy and it has been going very well according to plan.
“This is politics, grassroots politics, where every member of the party has a right to participate and be involved. It’s to ensure that we have an internal democracy and it’s peaceful and well-organized”, Tinubu said.
Responding to questions on whether he was satisfied with the manner governors had handled the process in their respective states, the President said the conduct of the primaries had met expectations.
“Today, I am very satisfied, very, very satisfied that these governors have done well in their various states.
“In fact, from the ward congresses to local government congresses, to the delegate accreditation, validation, members register, and certification of the electoral process, it has been all very well. At least, you will score democracy at a high level”, he said.
The President also reacted to the large turnout and expressions of support from party members and supporters at the venue, saying the show of confidence increased the responsibility on him.
“I’m just excited. They challenge me more,” Tinubu said.
Tinubu reiterated that the APC remained committed to transparent and inclusive democratic processes that allow party members at the grassroots to freely determine their leaders and representatives.
He further commended electoral officials, party leaders and security agencies for ensuring a peaceful and credible exercise, while urging Nigerians to continue supporting democratic institutions and national unity.
The President also reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to democratic ideals, good governance and policies aimed at improving the welfare of Nigerians while strengthening political stability across the country.
news
Truck Loaded With Stolen Rail Materials Trapped in Jos, Exposes Growing Sabotage
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Concern is mounting over the persistent vandalism of railway infrastructure across Nigeria following another disturbing incident in Jos, Plateau State.
A truck reportedly conveying stolen railway materials was said to have become stuck along the Kuru axis, drawing attention to the activities of vandals sabotaging critical transportation infrastructure in the country.
The incident has renewed calls for urgent government intervention as experts warn that continued attacks on railway facilities could negatively affect national development and public safety.
Railway tracks and related materials are regarded as essential national assets designed to support economic activities, improve transportation and boost regional connectivity. Their destruction, analysts say, amounts to economic sabotage and a setback to Nigeria’s infrastructure development goals.
There are growing fears that criminal networks are increasingly targeting railway installations in parts of North Central and North East Nigeria, threatening train operations and exposing commuters to danger.
Stakeholders are now urging authorities to intensify monitoring, deploy advanced security systems and strengthen enforcement measures to curb the menace.
news
Ekiti APC: Controversy Trail Cyril Fasuyi’s Second-Term Ticket as Fayemi, Oyebanji Alliance Sparks Debate
![]()
There are growing political discussions within the Ekiti State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) following allegations surrounding the emergence of Senator Cyril Fasuyi for a second term ticket.
Some party members and political observers in the state have alleged that Governor Biodun Oyebanji and former Governor Dr. John Kayode Fayemi remain politically aligned despite public perceptions suggesting otherwise. According to the claims, the relationship between Governor Oyebanji and Fayemi remains cordial and influential in the state’s political structure.
Critics further alleged that Senator Cyril Fasuyi was advised to reconcile with Fayemi in order to secure support for his return bid, a move they claim eventually strengthened his chances of getting the ticket.
The development has reportedly generated concerns among some APC stakeholders, who believe certain political interests are working behind the scenes to shape the future direction of Ekiti politics ahead of upcoming political contests.
The allegations also claim that internal power struggles within the party may affect relationships with key figures at the national level, particularly supporters loyal to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
However, no official statement has been issued by Governor Oyebanji, Dr. Fayemi, or Senator Fasuyi regarding the allegations.
-
news6 years agoUPDATE: #ENDSARS: CCTV footage of Lekki shootings intact – Says Sanwo – Olu
-
lifestyle6 years agoFormer Miss World: Mixed reactions trail Agbani Darego’s looks
-
health5 years agoChairman Agege LG, Ganiyu Egunjobi Receives Covid-19 Vaccines
-
lifestyle5 years agoObateru: Celebrating a Quintessential PR Man at 60
-
health6 years agoUPDATE : Nigeria Records 790 new cases of COVID-19
-
health6 years agoBREAKING: Nigeria confirms 663 new cases of COVID-19
-
news1 year agoBREAKING: Tinubu swears in new NNPCL Board
-
entertainment1 year agoAshny Set for Valentine Special and new Album ‘ Femme Fatale’