Connect with us

news

ESN Commander Makes Confession On How His Group Engaged in a Killing Spree Across the Southeast Region

Published

on

The suspect, Emeoyiri Uzorma Benjamin, alias Onye Army, was arrested by operatives of the Force Intelligence Response Team over his alleged involvement in the attacks, killing of security operatives and the destruction of government and private property in Imo State.

Benjamin also confessed to being part of the attacks on security operatives on the alleged instruction of their supreme leader, Nnamdi Kanu.

He also claimed that the heads of 10 girls caught in Imo State were used in preparing charms to fortify members of the group against police bullets.

Read Benjamin’s confession below

“I am Emeoyiri Uzorma Benjamin, also known as Onye Army. I am from Uzombe Town in Uguta  Local Government Area of Imo State, I am 28-year-old. I only attended secondary school. But I left school without writing my SSCE exams in 2014 because my father had no money.

“So, I started doing menial jobs and buying Nigeria Army forms and that of the Nigerian Navy, but I was not recruited because I was using my brother’s result. I intended to write my exam and get my result when I get drafted into the army.

“I also went to Lagos, where I secured a job as a security guard with a company that dealt in building materials. I did that job until 2017, when I relocated to my village, where I engaged in carpentry jobs.

“While I was in the village, one John, who is from my town, met me and told me he knew I was trying to join the military but advised me to join IPOB in 2019, so I started attending IPOB meetings in Orlu every Sunday. We used to have the meetings in a building close to the Teaching Hospital.

“I attended the meeting until November 2020 when Mazi Nnamdi Kanu formed the ESN and said he didn’t want any security agents in the South East and that all he wanted was just ESN operatives providing Security in the South East.

“I volunteered to join the ESN and I was trained in a camp close to the Niger Bridge, but I don’t know the name of the village. I spent two weeks in that camp with several other people who came for ESN training from several parts of the country.

“Some people had been in the camp before I joined them but I spent just two weeks in the centre. Before I went to the centre, however, I was at a Sabbath Church in Orlu owned by one Alewa Nwachuku in the Okporo area of Orlu.

“While at the camp, we were given military training and our phones were taken from us. We were not talking to Nnamdi Kanu directly, but we were receiving his instructions from our camp leaders. After our training, we were given boots and uniforms and were asked to go back to our state commanders.

“My state commander was late Ikonso, who was in charge of Imo State before his death. We were not given any money; we returned to our commanders with just the uniforms and the boots. When we got back to Imo State, I reported back to the Sabbath Church, which served as one of our camps at that time.

“Then Nnamdi Kanu ordered that he didn’t want to see any police or military checkpoint in the South East. The order was given through radio, and all the ESN State Commanders asked their fighters to comply with the orders.

“Nnamdi Kanu said we should dismantle all checkpoints and even kill the security agents manning the checkpoints because they were killing Igbo people. I believed him and obeyed the order because I had taken an oath to obey Nnamdi Kanu, the supreme leader of IPOB.

“During our first attack, Ikonso brought two AK47 rifles while two of our members brought two locally made guns which we used to attack a police checkpoint in Orlu where we killed a police officer.

“Two of our members were also killed but the police officers ran away, abandoning their vehicle, which we burnt and took away one of the police rifles. After the operation, we all returned to the Sabbath church owned by Alewa but the police came and attacked the place.

“We then relocated to a farm belonging to one of our members in the Eele area of Awidemili, Anambra State. From there, we attacked several other police stations and checkpoints.

“Then Ikonso, Engineer Mike and Temple organized the attack at the Owerri Prisons and Imo State Police Command, where several inmates were freed and more than 50 police rifles were carted away on the instruction of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu because he said nobody deserved to be in prison.

“We came with over 100 fighters, but on our way back to our base, some soldiers attacked us and many of our fighters were killed at Ukorji area of Imo State. We carried out other attacks on security formations in Imo and Anambra states before Ikonso was killed. I was in his residence on the night he was attacked by security agents. I fought with my Ak47 rifle, but I abandoned it and escaped through the back gate when I expended all the bullets in the rifle.

“After the death of Ikonso, we went and burnt the governor’s house and killed a security man in the house in retaliation. It was Engr Mike that led us. I was part of those that shot at the gate.

“We also burnt a house in Amowmama, belonging to someone who was believed to have given the security agents information on Ikonso. Engr Mike then took us to his village in Awedemili, where we attacked a house belonging to someone he said was against our struggle and we killed two persons there.

“Mazi Nnamdi Kanu also directed us to bury Ikonso with 2,000 human heads but we have killed only 30 so far. I then relocated to Temple’s camp and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu ordered us to attack Orlu Police Division and free our fighters arrested and detained there.

“We went in 10 vehicles, over 50 fighters and we had over 30 rifles with us. I was in a white sienna and the late Dragon was in a red-coloured car, but before we got to the police station, we did a shooting display that was circulated on social media on the day we went to attack Orlu police station.

“The white and red clothes we tied on our bodies in the video were charms which we call local bulletproof and we prepared charms with the heads of 10 young girls.

“Before we proceeded to attack the Orlu Police Station, Temple and Mike brought the suggestion that we should get the girls we used for the charms and we got them here in Imo State. But before we got to the Orlu police station, an armoured police vehicle attacked us and killed 12 of our fighters and injured four.

“After we escaped from that attack, we went to our camp at Idiato to relax, waiting for further directives. They are not paying us any money; they said we are freedom fighters.

“Most of the police officers I killed were also Igbo people. I am happy that Nnamdi has been arrested. But I am begging for amnesty from the Federal Government.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

news

Anti-Graft Showdown: EFCC Grabs Malami’s Passport, Probes $400m Abacha Recovery

Published

on

…..Now to report daily for one month from Monday

….. Allegations against me fabricated, says ex-AGF

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday seized the international passport of a former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, SAN.

The seizure was part of the ongoing investigation of the whereabouts of $490 million Abacha loot secured through Mutual Legal Assistance (MLAT).

Malami cannot travel out of the country in the next one month because the condition for his release at 1am on Saturday was for him to report daily for interaction in EFCC headquarters in Abuja.

But Malami, who said the allegations against him were fabricated, said the truth will unfold soon.

According to the fact-sheet on Malami, he has many issues to clarify with the EFCC in the next one month.

“We have asked him to explain the whereabouts of $490 million Abacha loot secured through Mutual Legal Assistance (MLAT).

“We didn’t say he stole money, but he should account for the loot. This is one of the issues he will clarify to our investigators.

“Considering the huge volumes of documents he has to go through and the detectives he needs to interact with, we have seized his international passport.

“One of the conditions for his release on bail at 1am on Saturday was that he should report daily to the EFCC headquarters for interaction.

“He cannot travel out of the country except as mutually agreed with EFCC or with the permission of a High Court.

“We won’t join issues with him on his braggadocio but we will release our findings to the public after painstaking investigation.”

Reacting on his X handle, Malami said the allegations against him were fabricated.

Although he said the truth will soon unfold, he was silent on the seizure of his international passport.

He said: “In line with my undertaking to keep Nigerians updated on my invitation by EFCC, I give glory to Allah for His divine intervention.

“The engagement was successful, and I am eventually released while on an appointment for further engagement as the truth relating to the fabricated allegations against me continues to unfold.”

Continue Reading

news

BREAKING: Tinubu Finally Nominates Ex-INEC Chair Yakubu, Fani-Kayode, Omokri, 29 Others as Ambassadors

Published

on

 

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has transmitted a new list of 32 ambassadorial nominees to the Senate for confirmation, just days after submitting an initial batch of three names.

In two separate letters addressed to Senate President Godswill Akpabio, President Tinubu urged the lawmakers to give swift consideration and approval to 15 career ambassadors and 17 non-career ambassadors.

The list was released on Saturday in a statement by Bayo Onanuga, Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy.

According to the breakdown, four women were nominated as career ambassadors, while six women made the non-career category.

Notable nominees in the non-career group include Barrister Ogbonnaya Kalu from Abia; former presidential aide Reno Omokri (Delta); former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmud Yakubu; former Ekiti first lady, Erelu Angela Adebayo; and former Enugu governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

Others are Tasiu Musa Maigari, the former speaker of the Katsina House of Assembly, Yakubu N. Gambo, a former Commissioner in Plateau State and former deputy executive secretary of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC).

Professor Nora Ladi Daduut, a former senator from Plateau; Otunba Femi Pedro, a former deputy governor of Lagos State; Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, a former aviation minister from Osun State; and Barrister Nkechi Linda Ufochukwu from Anambra State are on the nomination list.

Also on the list are former First Lady of Oyo, Fatima Florence Ajimobi, former Lagos Commissioner, Lola Akande, former Adamawa Senator, Grace Bent, former governor of Abia, Victor Okezie Ikpeazu, Senator Jimoh Ibrahim, businessman, lawyer and Senator from Ondo State, and the former ambassador of Nigeria to the Holy See, Ambassador Paul Oga Adikwu from Benue State.

Among the nominees for career ambassador and high commissioner-designates are: Enebechi Monica Okwuchukwu (Abia), Yakubu Nyaku Danladi (Taraba), Miamuna Ibrahim Besto (Adamawa), Musa Musa Abubakar (Kebbi), Syndoph Paebi Endoni (Bayelsa), Chima Geoffrey Lioma David (Ebonyi) and Mopelola Adeola-Ibrahim (Ogun).

The other nominees are Abimbola Samuel Reuben (Ondo), Yvonne Ehinosen Odumah(Edo), Hamza Mohammed Salau (Niger), Ambassador Shehu Barde (Katsina), Ambassador Ahmed Mohammed Monguno (Borno), Ambassador Muhammad Saidu Dahiru (Kaduna), Ambassador Olatunji Ahmed Sulu Gambari (Kawara) and Ambassador Wahab Adekola Akande (Osun).

The new nominees are expected to be posted to countries with which Nigeria maintains excellent and strategic bilateral relations, such as China, India, South Korea, Canada, Mexico, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, South Africa, Kenya, and to Permanent Missions such as the United Nations, UNESCO, and the African Union. All the nominees will know their diplomatic assignments after their confirmation by the Senate.

Last week, President Tinubu sent three ambassadorial nominees for screening and confirmation. The nominees were Ambassador Ayodele Oke (Oyo), Ambassador Amin Mohammed Dalhatu (Jigawa), and Retired Colonel Lateef Kayode Are (Ogun). All three are in the pot for posting to the UK, USA, or France after their confirmation.

Continue Reading

news

BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Security State of Emergency, Approves Major Recruitment Drive for Military and Police — “We Will Smoke Out All Criminal Elements”

Published

on

…tasks herders to abandon open grazing, embrace ranching, surrender arms

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Wednesday declared a nationwide security emergency in response to the wave of violent attacks across parts of the country, announcing sweeping directives for expanded recruitment into the Armed Forces and Police, the activation of forest guards, and tighter security measures for all vulnerable areas.

In a statement personally he issued, President Tinubu said, “Today, in view of the emerging security situation, I have decided to declare a nationwide security emergency and order additional recruitment into the Armed Forces.”

By this order, he said both the police and the army had been authorised to recruit more operatives, saying, “The police will recruit an additional 20,000 officers, bringing the total to 50,000.”

The president also directed that the police could now use National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) camps as training depots, noting that although he had previously approved the upgrade of police training institutions, the new security reality required immediate expansion of capacity.

He further ordered that officers being withdrawn from VIP guard duties must undergo crash retraining.

According to him, the exercise is to “debrief them and deliver more efficient police services when deployed to security-challenged areas of the country.”

Tinubu also empowered the Department of State Services (DSS) to activate fully the forest security architecture.

“The DSS also has my authority to immediately deploy all the forest guards already trained to flush out the terrorists and bandits lurking in our forests,” he said, adding that the agency had his directive to recruit additional personnel.

“There will be no more hiding places for agents of evil”, the President said.

Calling the situation “a national emergency,” the President said the federal government was responding by “deploying more boots on the ground, especially in security-challenged areas.”

He appealed to citizens to play their part, saying “the times require all hands on deck. As Nigerians, we should all get involved in securing our nation.”

President Tinubu commended security forces for recent breakthroughs, including the rescue of abducted schoolgirls in Kebbi and the 38 worshippers seized in Kwara State.

“We will continue to sustain the efforts to rescue the remaining students of Catholic School in Niger State and other Nigerians still being held hostage,” he assured.

To military personnel across the country, he delivered a firm charge, saying “I commend your courage and your sacrifice… I charge you to remain resolute, to restore peace across all theatres of operation, and to uphold the highest standards of discipline and integrity. There must be no compromise, no collusion, and no negligence.”

He added that his administration would support them fully to succeed.

Tinubu also pledged federal support to states with existing security outfits and urged the National Assembly to begin a legislative review to allow states that require state police to establish them.

He cautioned state governments against operating boarding schools in remote, unsecured areas, and advised religious institutions to “constantly seek police and other security protection when they gather for prayers, especially in vulnerable areas.”

The President reiterated his administration’s stance on resolving farmer-herder clashes, pointing to the establishment of the Ministry of Livestock Development.

He urged herder groups to abandon open grazing and embrace ranching, saying “I call on all herder associations to take advantage of it, end open grazing and surrender illegal weapons. Ranching is now the path forward”.

Tinubu expressed sympathy to families affected by recent attacks in Kebbi, Borno, Zamfara, Niger, Yobe and Kwara States.

He also paid tribute to fallen soldiers, including Brigadier-General Musa Uba.

“Those who want to test our resolve should never mistake our restraint for weakness. This administration has the courage and determination to keep the country safe and ensure our citizens live in peace”, he warned.

In a rallying call to Nigerians, the President urged unity and vigilance, saying “I urge you not to give in to fear and never succumb to despair… Report suspicious activities. Cooperate with security agencies. We are in this fight together, and together we shall win.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Newsthumb Magazine | All rights reserved