Connect with us

news

My landlord beat me to pulp for refusing his love advances – Mother of three

Published

on

•Landlord: I neither beat her nor asked her out

The incident, according to Comfort,  happened on February 9, 2020, while she was talking to a friend outside their residence at 3, Idiatu Kilani Street in the Fagba area of New Oko Oba, Agege, Lagos.

She said she was mercilessly beaten by the landlord during which she sustained varying degrees of injury on several parts of her body, including a wound on her arm.

She claimed that the man had made passes at her, which she rejected on several occasions, after which he threatened to deal with her.

‘’I started having issues with our landlord(Adisa), shortly after we moved into his house three years ago when he made several passes at me. He said he liked me and that he would like to date me but I rebuffed him knowing full well that I am a married woman living with my husband in his house.

‘’He was persistent in asking me out and at a point, I reported him to my husband. He then threatened that he would deal with me for spawning him. He has his own wife, yet, he had been disturbing, asking me to date him.

‘’Last night, I was seated beside one of my friends outside our residence when a woman  living near our house told me that my landlord said my daughter was fond of harassing her own daughter. I told the woman that my daughter was innocent of the allegations and that God would expose whoever is behind the false allegations. Suddenly, my landlord rushed to where I was engaging the woman and attacked me for no just cause. He beat me to pulp. He held me down, while he called on one of his friends, who joined him to further brutalise me. The beating was so much that I sustained injuries on my body. There’s a deep cut on one my arm, as I speak. I was rushed to a hospital and placed on admission, while my husband reported the incident to the police at Oko-Oba Division.

‘’However, nothing came out of the police intervention because our landlord sought the help of some community leaders, who used their ‘connection’ with the police to deny me justice.’’

Comfort’s husband, David Giwa, said he was planning to move out of the building before his landlord brutalised his wife for refusing his love advances.

‘’My wife had told me that our landlord was fond of peeping through the bathroom door to look at her naked body whenever she is having her bath. After he was cautioned, I figured out that his attitude was a signal to leave his house and I started saving money to get another accommodation in order to save my wife and children from the incessant harassment by my landlord.

‘’I was then shocked when my landlord and his associates descended on my wife and brutalised her, to the extent that she sustained injuries. She was placed on admission in a hospital for some days and she is still nursing wounds from the attack, as we speak.

‘’After I visited my wife in hospital, I made a report on the incident at Oko-Oba Police Division, but nothing came out of it because my landlord and some community leaders used their ‘connection’ to circumvent justice.’’

Adisa, however, denied the woman’s allegation that he(landlord) asked her out. He also denied inflicting injuries on her. He said the police had investigated the matter and exonerated him of any wrongdoing.

The embattled landlord told The Nation on telephone that Comfort injured herself when she made a fruitless attempt to hit him with one of her hands.

‘’Police have investigated the matter and found out that it was not true. Comfort’s daughter and another girl whose mother lives in the neighborhood  ganged up to harass my daughter on her way to school. I warned her and the other woman to reprimand their daughters and she suddenly held my dress and attacked me.

‘’ I did not beat her. The wounds on her hand were as a result of the attack she launched on me. She wanted to hit me with her hands but I dodged  and she landed one of the hands on a plank used to erect a shop extension at the scene.’’

He added: ‘’ I gave his husband a quit notice months ago and he tore the notice in my presence; even the community leaders have reprimanded the couple to no avail.’’

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

news

Tinubu Commends APC Primaries, Describes Exercise as Victory for Internal Democracy

Published

on

…President expresses satisfaction with governors’ handling of exercise

…Says party members’ support places greater responsibility on him

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Saturday described the ongoing presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a demonstration of internal democracy and grassroots participation, expressing satisfaction with the conduct of the exercise across the country.

The President spoke with journalists after participating in the primary election at Ward L2, Ikoyi, Lagos, where he commended state governors and party officials for managing the process.

President Tinubu, who arrived at the venue alongside the First Lady, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, was received by Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos APC Chairman Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi, Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment Dr. Jumoke Oduwole, former Minister of Finance Wale Edun, and other party leaders.

According to him, the exercise has so far reflected the democratic ideals of inclusiveness and orderly participation within the ruling party.

“This is a demonstration of internal democracy and it has been going very well according to plan.

“This is politics, grassroots politics, where every member of the party has a right to participate and be involved. It’s to ensure that we have an internal democracy and it’s peaceful and well-organized”, Tinubu said.

Responding to questions on whether he was satisfied with the manner governors had handled the process in their respective states, the President said the conduct of the primaries had met expectations.

“Today, I am very satisfied, very, very satisfied that these governors have done well in their various states.

“In fact, from the ward congresses to local government congresses, to the delegate accreditation, validation, members register, and certification of the electoral process, it has been all very well. At least, you will score democracy at a high level”, he said.

The President also reacted to the large turnout and expressions of support from party members and supporters at the venue, saying the show of confidence increased the responsibility on him.

“I’m just excited. They challenge me more,” Tinubu said.

Tinubu reiterated that the APC remained committed to transparent and inclusive democratic processes that allow party members at the grassroots to freely determine their leaders and representatives.

He further commended electoral officials, party leaders and security agencies for ensuring a peaceful and credible exercise, while urging Nigerians to continue supporting democratic institutions and national unity.

The President also reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to democratic ideals, good governance and policies aimed at improving the welfare of Nigerians while strengthening political stability across the country.

Continue Reading

news

Truck Loaded With Stolen Rail Materials Trapped in Jos, Exposes Growing Sabotage

Published

on

Concern is mounting over the persistent vandalism of railway infrastructure across Nigeria following another disturbing incident in Jos, Plateau State.

A truck reportedly conveying stolen railway materials was said to have become stuck along the Kuru axis, drawing attention to the activities of vandals sabotaging critical transportation infrastructure in the country.

The incident has renewed calls for urgent government intervention as experts warn that continued attacks on railway facilities could negatively affect national development and public safety.

Railway tracks and related materials are regarded as essential national assets designed to support economic activities, improve transportation and boost regional connectivity. Their destruction, analysts say, amounts to economic sabotage and a setback to Nigeria’s infrastructure development goals.

There are growing fears that criminal networks are increasingly targeting railway installations in parts of North Central and North East Nigeria, threatening train operations and exposing commuters to danger.

Stakeholders are now urging authorities to intensify monitoring, deploy advanced security systems and strengthen enforcement measures to curb the menace.

Continue Reading

news

Ekiti APC: Controversy Trail Cyril Fasuyi’s Second-Term Ticket as Fayemi, Oyebanji Alliance Sparks Debate

Published

on

There are growing political discussions within the Ekiti State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) following allegations surrounding the emergence of Senator Cyril Fasuyi for a second term ticket.

Some party members and political observers in the state have alleged that Governor Biodun Oyebanji and former Governor Dr. John Kayode Fayemi remain politically aligned despite public perceptions suggesting otherwise. According to the claims, the relationship between Governor Oyebanji and Fayemi remains cordial and influential in the state’s political structure.

Critics further alleged that Senator Cyril Fasuyi was advised to reconcile with Fayemi in order to secure support for his return bid, a move they claim eventually strengthened his chances of getting the ticket.

The development has reportedly generated concerns among some APC stakeholders, who believe certain political interests are working behind the scenes to shape the future direction of Ekiti politics ahead of upcoming political contests.

The allegations also claim that internal power struggles within the party may affect relationships with key figures at the national level, particularly supporters loyal to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

However, no official statement has been issued by Governor Oyebanji, Dr. Fayemi, or Senator Fasuyi regarding the allegations.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Newsthumb Magazine | All rights reserved