Connect with us

news

“I slaughtered the family after forcing them to transfer N1.1 Millions” They denying me salary increment, Says – Driver, Adekanbi

Published

on

Lekan Adekanbi, the prime suspect in the gruesome killing of a couple, Mr Kehinde and Mrs Bukola Fatinoye, has confessed that he and his gang members slaughtered the family after forcing them to transfer N1,102,000.

Adekanbi, the driver to the wife of the late Kehinde, said he organised his fellow cultists to rob the family because they refused to grant his request for a loan.

The suspect stated this on Friday while being paraded alongside four others — two cult members, his mother and fiancée.

The five suspects were paraded by the state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, at the command headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta.

While speaking to journalists on his role in the incident, Adekanbi, who escaped from the police net before he was rearrested, said he only wanted to rob the family.

He said he started working with the couple in 2010 without a salary increase and several attempts to convince them to jerk up his salary failed.

He claimed that he requested a loan, which was not granted.

The suspect explained that he then invited two others, Ahmed Odetola a.k.a Akamo; and Waheed Adeniyi, aka Koffi, to join him in the robbery.

He said contrary to the belief that he brought the couple from the church after the crossover night, he left their house hours before the service and returned with his gang to lay an ambush for them.

Adekanbi said his gang pounced on the couple immediately they entered the house.

He recalled restraining an Alsatian dog at the gate because he was familiar with the animal and usually fed it.

“We forced the husband to transfer money from his account to the Kuda Bank account of Ahmed Adetola, but the transfer failed.

“Since that failed, I gave the deceased my Access Bank account, to which the sum of N1,102,000 was transferred at gunpoint.

“When I realised that my identity had been known through my bank account, I decided with others to terminate their lives. That was when Waheed Adeniyi, aka Koffi, took a knife from their kitchen and slaughtered the husband, Kehinde Fatinoye, while I used a sledgehammer to hit the wife, Bukola Fatinoye, in the head and she died on the spot,” he added.

On how they got the couple’s son, Oreoluwa and their adopted child Felix Olorunyomi, the suspect noted that while the operation was on, the duo walked in.

He said their hands were tied to the back with rope, as the gang drove them to the Ogun River Bridge at Adigbe, where they were thrown into the river.

The suspect said, “First, we are all sinners; may God forgive us all. To be truthful, I had no intention of killing my boss or anyone as Akamo said.

“What happened will serve as a lesson to all rich men that show wickedness to the poor.

“I was employed as a driver in September 2018 while they were still living at Quarry. After six months of working as their driver, I was asked to do their household chores, including sweeping. My salary was N25,000.

“I adhered to it without complaining. In 2020, I planned to request a loan. I eventually made the request on January 16 on our way back from a party in Lagos. I asked Mr Fatinoye to give me advance payment so that I could invest it and he promised to grant it, but it was not granted.

“In 2021, I made the same request from the wife, Mrs Bukola Fatinoye. She also promised to speak to her husband about it. But that was all about it.

“I made another effort on the request when he celebrated his birthday on June 30. I went to him, prayed for him and again asked him for the loan. He again promised to grant it.

“Also on July 5, 2022, I told his brother who introduced us, Mr Seyi Fatinoye, about my request and he promised to speak to his brother on my behalf. I waited till September and nothing came. So, I went to Mr Seyi at his house in Obada to help me with another job either in Lagos or even Abeokuta or federal. But he asked me to be patient that he would speak to his brother.”

Adekanbi said the money they collected from the couple was shared among the three of them a few hours after the robbery at One-Ata, Abeokuta.

He said when the news got to them that Olorunyomi survived, one of his gang members, Odetola, regretted not shooting him dead.

Adekanbi said he parted with N500,000 out of the N1,102,000 transferred by the late husband.

Adekanbi’s pregnant fiancée, who identified herself only as Tope, said she met him in August 2022.

She said she harboured him after the incident without knowing the magnitude of the crime.

“I did not know that he wiped out an entire family,” she added.

While parading the suspects, the state police spokesman, Oyeyemi, said they were all arrested following painstaking intelligence.

Oyeyemi said, “The arrested suspect, Lekan Adekanbi, initially collapsed in the cell on January 2, 2023, and he was rushed to a hospital for medical care.

“But while in the hospital, he suddenly jumped from the bed and escaped through the fence of the hospital. His escape confirmed police suspicion of his involvement in the crime.

“Two police teams, in compliance with the CP’s directive, embarked on a technical and intelligence-driven investigation and traced the movement of the suspect to his elder brother in Iseyin, Oyo State, but he had left the place before the arrival of the police.

“The teams further intensified their efforts which yielded positive results when Lekan Adekanbi was apprehended in his hideout somewhere in Abeokuta on January 21, 2023.

“On interrogation, Lekan Adekanbi, who had been the couple’s driver since 2018, confessed to being the mastermind of the dastardly act. He confessed further that he took the step because the couple refused to increase his salary, and that he approached them for a loan to buy a motorcycle, but they didn’t oblige him.”

“Waheed Adeniyi, aka Koffi, and Ahmed Odetola, aka Akamo, were both apprehended at Ogere on Thursday, February 9, 2023.

“The three suspects, who are members of the Aiye Confraternity, have all confessed to their various roles in the gruesome and callous murder of the family.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

news

Tinubu Commends APC Primaries, Describes Exercise as Victory for Internal Democracy

Published

on

…President expresses satisfaction with governors’ handling of exercise

…Says party members’ support places greater responsibility on him

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Saturday described the ongoing presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a demonstration of internal democracy and grassroots participation, expressing satisfaction with the conduct of the exercise across the country.

The President spoke with journalists after participating in the primary election at Ward L2, Ikoyi, Lagos, where he commended state governors and party officials for managing the process.

President Tinubu, who arrived at the venue alongside the First Lady, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, was received by Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos APC Chairman Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi, Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment Dr. Jumoke Oduwole, former Minister of Finance Wale Edun, and other party leaders.

According to him, the exercise has so far reflected the democratic ideals of inclusiveness and orderly participation within the ruling party.

“This is a demonstration of internal democracy and it has been going very well according to plan.

“This is politics, grassroots politics, where every member of the party has a right to participate and be involved. It’s to ensure that we have an internal democracy and it’s peaceful and well-organized”, Tinubu said.

Responding to questions on whether he was satisfied with the manner governors had handled the process in their respective states, the President said the conduct of the primaries had met expectations.

“Today, I am very satisfied, very, very satisfied that these governors have done well in their various states.

“In fact, from the ward congresses to local government congresses, to the delegate accreditation, validation, members register, and certification of the electoral process, it has been all very well. At least, you will score democracy at a high level”, he said.

The President also reacted to the large turnout and expressions of support from party members and supporters at the venue, saying the show of confidence increased the responsibility on him.

“I’m just excited. They challenge me more,” Tinubu said.

Tinubu reiterated that the APC remained committed to transparent and inclusive democratic processes that allow party members at the grassroots to freely determine their leaders and representatives.

He further commended electoral officials, party leaders and security agencies for ensuring a peaceful and credible exercise, while urging Nigerians to continue supporting democratic institutions and national unity.

The President also reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to democratic ideals, good governance and policies aimed at improving the welfare of Nigerians while strengthening political stability across the country.

Continue Reading

news

Truck Loaded With Stolen Rail Materials Trapped in Jos, Exposes Growing Sabotage

Published

on

Concern is mounting over the persistent vandalism of railway infrastructure across Nigeria following another disturbing incident in Jos, Plateau State.

A truck reportedly conveying stolen railway materials was said to have become stuck along the Kuru axis, drawing attention to the activities of vandals sabotaging critical transportation infrastructure in the country.

The incident has renewed calls for urgent government intervention as experts warn that continued attacks on railway facilities could negatively affect national development and public safety.

Railway tracks and related materials are regarded as essential national assets designed to support economic activities, improve transportation and boost regional connectivity. Their destruction, analysts say, amounts to economic sabotage and a setback to Nigeria’s infrastructure development goals.

There are growing fears that criminal networks are increasingly targeting railway installations in parts of North Central and North East Nigeria, threatening train operations and exposing commuters to danger.

Stakeholders are now urging authorities to intensify monitoring, deploy advanced security systems and strengthen enforcement measures to curb the menace.

Continue Reading

news

Ekiti APC: Controversy Trail Cyril Fasuyi’s Second-Term Ticket as Fayemi, Oyebanji Alliance Sparks Debate

Published

on

There are growing political discussions within the Ekiti State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) following allegations surrounding the emergence of Senator Cyril Fasuyi for a second term ticket.

Some party members and political observers in the state have alleged that Governor Biodun Oyebanji and former Governor Dr. John Kayode Fayemi remain politically aligned despite public perceptions suggesting otherwise. According to the claims, the relationship between Governor Oyebanji and Fayemi remains cordial and influential in the state’s political structure.

Critics further alleged that Senator Cyril Fasuyi was advised to reconcile with Fayemi in order to secure support for his return bid, a move they claim eventually strengthened his chances of getting the ticket.

The development has reportedly generated concerns among some APC stakeholders, who believe certain political interests are working behind the scenes to shape the future direction of Ekiti politics ahead of upcoming political contests.

The allegations also claim that internal power struggles within the party may affect relationships with key figures at the national level, particularly supporters loyal to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

However, no official statement has been issued by Governor Oyebanji, Dr. Fayemi, or Senator Fasuyi regarding the allegations.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025 Newsthumb Magazine | All rights reserved