news
More controversies as Pantami links With Taliban and Al-Qaeda : #PantamiResign, #PantamiWillStay trend
He explained forces against the Federal Government policy of compulsory National Identity Number (NIN) registration for all Nigerians and those residing in the country are behind the attacks against him.
The Minister also said he has no issues with Christians, adding that his personal driver, secretary and technical assistant are all Christians.
The Nation observed that various videos and reports flooded social media, which attracted the outrage of Nigerians requesting the immediate resignation of the Minister.
In the wake of the now-debunked allegations, many Nigerians had cited fears over their security and privacy being compromised due to NIN details available to Pantami, whose ministry heads the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
The hashtag – #PantamiResign and counter-hashtag – #PantamiWillStay have since been trending online respectively, having over 20,000 retweets and 15,000 tweets respectively as of time of filing this report.
Somto Onuchukwu said: “To intimidate Supreme Court judges and subjugate the judiciary, Buhari used DSS to break into the homes of 6 judges across six states simultaneously at midnight; if Buhari was against Pantami’s beliefs and utterances, nobody needs to tell him what to do. #PantamiResign.”
Abubakar Hidima Ph.D tweeted: “Do you want to feel the hate by these people? Be a practicing Muslim, come from the North & successful like @DrIsaPantami. These three factors are enough to invite all the hate from these sons & daughters of perpetual anguish.”
Ayò-Bánkólé Akíntújoyè said: “If Isa Pantami does not resign, then the resignation of Kemi Adeosun was a huge joke. What is sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander, except she was slaughtered on the altar of bigotry and ‘cabalisation’ of Nigerian politics. #PantamiResign.”
@MFaarees_wrote: “No Minister has ever achieved what Sheikh Pantami has so far achieved, but the hatred and bigotry from the other side won’t allow them to appreciate him simply because he’s a Muslim from Northern Nigeria. Na hypocrisy go kee una. #PantamiWillStay Insha Allah.
Al’ameen Yabo tweeted: “Enemies of Nigeria paid some people to trend #PantamiResign bcox they knw his policies will help in ending insecurities. Only criminals hate Pantami bcox they don’t want to link NIN to their SIMS, they don’t want to be known or tracked down. #PantamiWillStay.”
Engr Yasir Arafat Jubril said: “The Northern Phenomenon @DrIsaPantami, giving Online and offline terrorists a sleepless night, ensuring a comprehensive database through NIN, securing the nation and placing it strategically for digital economy advancement. Tested and trusted, an achiever.”
Yusuf Abubakar tweeted: “Nobody is talking about the National Adopted School for Smart Education introduced by Dr Pantami. Unpatriotic individuals trending #PantamiResign too bad, #PantamiWillStay go and drink panadol and sleep. No going back on NIN- SIM linkage excercise.”
Micheal Akanji said: “Pantami has been productive for the Govt and our country at large, this #PantamiResign won’t last for days because the coordinated attacks are from the same children who have committed their lives & time in damaging Nigeria daily on their TL. Pantami will accomplish his portfolio.”
news
Tinubu Emerges APC Presidential Candidate After Nationwide Direct Primary
![]()
….President Tinubu polls 10,999,162 votes, declared winner.
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has declared President Bola Ahmed Tinubu the winner of its presidential primary election ahead of the 2027 general elections.
The party commenced the collation of results from its nationwide presidential shadow election at the Bola Ahmed Tinubu International Conference Centre in Abuja following the conclusion of voting on Saturday, May 23.
In a significant shift from the delegate-based system often associated with controversy, the APC adopted a direct primary method for the exercise. The election was conducted simultaneously across the party’s 8,809 wards in the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Under the direct primary system, all registered members of the party were eligible to vote for their preferred presidential aspirant, a move party leaders described as part of efforts to strengthen internal democracy and encourage wider grassroots participation.
The final stage of the process is being supervised by a seven-member Presidential Primary Election Committee chaired by former Senate President, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim.
Other members of the committee include former Senate President Ken Nnamani, Grace Titi Laoye-Ponle, former Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara, former Kogi State Governor Idris Wada, and Sanusi Musa, who serves as the committee secretary.
The atmosphere at the Bola Ahmed Tinubu International Conference Centre remained charged as governors, party chairmen, and designated collation officers arrived to present certified results from their respective states before the Anyim-led committee.
Governors coordinating the exercise in their states took turns presenting the official results as the party concluded the nationwide primary process.
news
Tinubu Commends APC Primaries, Describes Exercise as Victory for Internal Democracy
![]()
…President expresses satisfaction with governors’ handling of exercise
…Says party members’ support places greater responsibility on him
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Saturday described the ongoing presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a demonstration of internal democracy and grassroots participation, expressing satisfaction with the conduct of the exercise across the country.
The President spoke with journalists after participating in the primary election at Ward L2, Ikoyi, Lagos, where he commended state governors and party officials for managing the process.
President Tinubu, who arrived at the venue alongside the First Lady, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, was received by Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos APC Chairman Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi, Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment Dr. Jumoke Oduwole, former Minister of Finance Wale Edun, and other party leaders.
According to him, the exercise has so far reflected the democratic ideals of inclusiveness and orderly participation within the ruling party.
“This is a demonstration of internal democracy and it has been going very well according to plan.
“This is politics, grassroots politics, where every member of the party has a right to participate and be involved. It’s to ensure that we have an internal democracy and it’s peaceful and well-organized”, Tinubu said.
Responding to questions on whether he was satisfied with the manner governors had handled the process in their respective states, the President said the conduct of the primaries had met expectations.
“Today, I am very satisfied, very, very satisfied that these governors have done well in their various states.
“In fact, from the ward congresses to local government congresses, to the delegate accreditation, validation, members register, and certification of the electoral process, it has been all very well. At least, you will score democracy at a high level”, he said.
The President also reacted to the large turnout and expressions of support from party members and supporters at the venue, saying the show of confidence increased the responsibility on him.
“I’m just excited. They challenge me more,” Tinubu said.
Tinubu reiterated that the APC remained committed to transparent and inclusive democratic processes that allow party members at the grassroots to freely determine their leaders and representatives.
He further commended electoral officials, party leaders and security agencies for ensuring a peaceful and credible exercise, while urging Nigerians to continue supporting democratic institutions and national unity.
The President also reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to democratic ideals, good governance and policies aimed at improving the welfare of Nigerians while strengthening political stability across the country.
news
Truck Loaded With Stolen Rail Materials Trapped in Jos, Exposes Growing Sabotage
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Concern is mounting over the persistent vandalism of railway infrastructure across Nigeria following another disturbing incident in Jos, Plateau State.
A truck reportedly conveying stolen railway materials was said to have become stuck along the Kuru axis, drawing attention to the activities of vandals sabotaging critical transportation infrastructure in the country.
The incident has renewed calls for urgent government intervention as experts warn that continued attacks on railway facilities could negatively affect national development and public safety.
Railway tracks and related materials are regarded as essential national assets designed to support economic activities, improve transportation and boost regional connectivity. Their destruction, analysts say, amounts to economic sabotage and a setback to Nigeria’s infrastructure development goals.
There are growing fears that criminal networks are increasingly targeting railway installations in parts of North Central and North East Nigeria, threatening train operations and exposing commuters to danger.
Stakeholders are now urging authorities to intensify monitoring, deploy advanced security systems and strengthen enforcement measures to curb the menace.
-
news6 years agoUPDATE: #ENDSARS: CCTV footage of Lekki shootings intact – Says Sanwo – Olu
-
lifestyle6 years agoFormer Miss World: Mixed reactions trail Agbani Darego’s looks
-
health5 years agoChairman Agege LG, Ganiyu Egunjobi Receives Covid-19 Vaccines
-
lifestyle5 years agoObateru: Celebrating a Quintessential PR Man at 60
-
health6 years agoUPDATE : Nigeria Records 790 new cases of COVID-19
-
health6 years agoBREAKING: Nigeria confirms 663 new cases of COVID-19
-
news1 year agoBREAKING: Tinubu swears in new NNPCL Board
-
entertainment1 year agoAshny Set for Valentine Special and new Album ‘ Femme Fatale’