Friday , 24 September 2021

FG extends search for abducted girls outside Nigeria

Dapchi free-to-air TV platform

The Federal Government said on Friday that the ongoing search for the 110 girls who were abducted from the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State, has been extended to the neighbouring countries.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, who disclosed this, said the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin; the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas; the  Chief of Army Staff; Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai and the Director-General of the Department of State Services (DSS), Alhaji Lawal Daura have moved to the North East to add more urgency to the search.

The military chiefs joined the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who had earlier relocated to the North East, and the National Security Adviser (NSA), Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (retd), who had also visited the theatre.

Government had on Thursday set up a panel to unravel the circumstances surrounding the girls’ abduction.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Timber by EMSIEN 3 Ltd BG